Skip to main content

Help! I've been kidnapped by The Cult of Delays

It's not the end of the month yet but I can't resist plugging Delays, especially since they're due a new album out in September. Another reason why I like them: they don't wait forever between albums. Your adoring masses always want more!

I can think of only three bands which have captured my imagination so much so that I have obsessively collected B-sides, live tracks, radio sessions and any limited releases that they have produced. I can safely say now that you can add Delays to that short list. Lately I've been listening to the B-side, Quiet, over on the flash version of Delays official website. Starts off err....quiet and lullaby-like before building up to a chorus of screaming voices which I think is saying, "Live like you die." I could be wrong of course, since I still sing the opening line to Journey's Wheel In the Sky as "Nemedebede."

Also on continuous play is Girls On Fire, which because it is yet unreleased has so far only been available to me because some blessed person recorded it at a Delays gig in Sheffield and posted it on YouTube. The official word is that it will be out on the new album, Everything's The Rush, (hooray!). So far the only record store I know that stocks Delays is Rock Corner (branches in Bangsar, Midvalley, 1 Utama) so I'll be heading over there when the album comes out or make them order it for me if they don't have it.


Delays performing Girls On Fire at Sheffield Leadmill, 23 September 2006. Thanks to Cheesybadgers.

I like the way Greg dances to this - it looks like he's enjoying himself. Oh and because I don't feel so idiotic when I'm dancing like a muppet to this song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. announcement

As a member of S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. (Society for the EXploitation of Yummy men in Film And Television) I feel obliged to do a run-down of top hunks that graced our (okay, my consciousness) in 2006. For the original S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. manifesto, please see Maryam's Guide To Everything Part 1. And no, I can't be bothered to review anything else in 2006 or make any resolutions because a) it's boring b) yeah, right, as if I'll change my ways c) this was way more fun My Top 3 Jensen Ackles (Jensen, you know it's me you want, not Maryam!) Jared Padalecki (Oh, alright, I'll have you instead) Jim Caviezel (aaaah, my blue-eyed Jim, why so sad? Is it because you are No.3?) Special Mention Guy Berryman (you are still yummy) Brandon Flowers (but only circa 2003 when he was sans eyeliner, mustache and gelled flattened hair) Paolo Nutini ( a bit too young for me but lovely all the same) Johnny Depp (the long time favourite, still going strong. You still float my boat Johnnayy! ...

Avast!

I was at the Maritime Institute in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng waiting for my dad to come out of a seminar becauseI needed the keys to take his car for repairs and servicing. So there I was twiddiling with my handbag in the corridor when the doors of the seminar room opened and a whole bunch of fit men in tight, white Royal Navy uniforms came out. Hubba-hubba! Unfortunately, my dad came out at the same time and started talking to me. All I could do was stand there with MY DAD while all these hunksome sailors passed me by. BAH! They're all probably too old for me anyway.

December's list

MUSIC Thanks to Maryam for the delights of this month's music. Be patient, Maryam, the world will one day see our special dance. 1) Presidente - KINKY . Singing in Spanish somehow makes everything sound sexier, even if he is singing about politics. Despite the oblique accusations of corruption against the Mexican president, this song is dance-floor hot and guaranteed to shake your booty. (I only use the word 'booty' online because in real life I would never get away with it.) 2) Let's Make Love And Death From Above - CSS . Bizarre title but the song works. Perfect for when returning to the home planet. 3) Ladylike - STORM LARGE & THE BALLS . They've got a name that is just dying for you to make dirty jokes about, but subject matter is serious to all girls who get the mickey taken out of them for not being 'ladylike.' Incidentally, Storm Large was one of the contestants on Rockstar: Supernova. MOVIES Surprisingly, I haven't watched many movies this mo...