Skip to main content

Moving

Today, we said goodbye to our yuppie dream house location in the marina and move to a former council tower block in Everton. It is my fault really, since my decision to return to Malaysia has left my flatmate without a… err, flatmate. Finding another flatmate was not a viable option for her, so instead of paying for the whole of the 2 bedroom flat we had lived in, she decided to move to a smaller place which was £225 cheaper. Her new 1 bed flat is in a rather hideous 15 storey tower block in a rather dilapidated part of the city. I used to pass this block on my way to my friends’ place in another tower block further down the road and at that time, it was an abandoned council property. In the intervening years it has been bought by a developer and done up all modern with a gym, sauna, wooden flooring and secure parking to attract the upwardly mobile young professionals. It’s not a bad place but it does feel like a rather isolating environment. The marina area used to be a rather dreary area but because a large chunk of it has been developed to be trendy homes and apartments and the fact that it is close to the Albert Docks, it feels quite safe.

In contrast, even though the whole tower block has been done up nicely, it is still an isolated spot in a run-down area. I mean, it’s Everton and I don’t think there is a nice spot in the whole of Everton. I don’t think Flatmate would go for walks around here, but I hope she stays safe when I’m gone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
stay safe kere's flatmate. I'm sure it will be safer than living with YOU har ahar ahahrhahrhar
Maryam said…
Hahaha the kay jay and coworker comment...mrrriaaaooow - this cat's got claws!
Eddie Cahill? Are you kidding me? Hah! My love for Dean is pure. But don't discuss it! People will start to think I'm a geek. (and don't say too late for that!)
You sound like you're starting to watch more TV than I do. That's dangerous. And I only do it for educational er... research purposes.
Kere said…
KJ - you're such a wit. i'll come and live with you in a minute.

Maryam - you were born into this family. There is no escaping your destiny. You ARE a geek. Btw, my love is always pure. My visions always do.

Popular posts from this blog

Another S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. announcement

As a member of S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. (Society for the EXploitation of Yummy men in Film And Television) I feel obliged to do a run-down of top hunks that graced our (okay, my consciousness) in 2006. For the original S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. manifesto, please see Maryam's Guide To Everything Part 1. And no, I can't be bothered to review anything else in 2006 or make any resolutions because a) it's boring b) yeah, right, as if I'll change my ways c) this was way more fun My Top 3 Jensen Ackles (Jensen, you know it's me you want, not Maryam!) Jared Padalecki (Oh, alright, I'll have you instead) Jim Caviezel (aaaah, my blue-eyed Jim, why so sad? Is it because you are No.3?) Special Mention Guy Berryman (you are still yummy) Brandon Flowers (but only circa 2003 when he was sans eyeliner, mustache and gelled flattened hair) Paolo Nutini ( a bit too young for me but lovely all the same) Johnny Depp (the long time favourite, still going strong. You still float my boat Johnnayy! ...

Avast!

I was at the Maritime Institute in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng waiting for my dad to come out of a seminar becauseI needed the keys to take his car for repairs and servicing. So there I was twiddiling with my handbag in the corridor when the doors of the seminar room opened and a whole bunch of fit men in tight, white Royal Navy uniforms came out. Hubba-hubba! Unfortunately, my dad came out at the same time and started talking to me. All I could do was stand there with MY DAD while all these hunksome sailors passed me by. BAH! They're all probably too old for me anyway.

A letter to the makers of Supernatural

(Dean and Sam doing a Mulder and Scully) I watched the latest episode Night Shifter yesterday and I have got to say that, in American speak, it was totally awesome. Now, because I am not the most eloquent of writers and because my brain is half-man, I shall put my points across in a list. What I like about Supernatural so far: 1. The two brothers. Yum mee, keep those two brothers coming. Especially Dean. 2. The fact that Sam and Dean constantly take the mickey out of each other. 3. Dean's one liners. "I don't do shorts, sweetheart." 4. Dean, because he is so hot. 5. The fight scenes where they use everything they've got: guns, crossbows, knives, bare knuckles, head butts. 6. The things they hunt: demons, murderous ghosts, vengeful spirits, vampires, satanic preachers, backswood crazies, telekinetic murderers. 7. The beautiful, haunting cinematography. 8. For making classic rock cool again. 9. Sam's 'guilty conscience for surfing internet porn'. 10. A ...