Skip to main content

Nothing so prosaic

How can one compare
A giant to an elf
One is broad and full of hair
And the other short of self

A giant’s grasp can make one gasp
His sweetness lies in his strength
But the elven charm will pierce any mask
And make one smile at length

A perfect set of ears
A delightful manner of man
A refreshing lack of smirks and leers
The elf over the giant, that is my plan.

Author's edit: I would like to dedicate this poem to my baby sister Maryam, who is sober, for planting the seed of 'Elf Lover' in my brain. It was next to impossible to resist it taking root and morphing into the above.

Author's note: Elf love is not in anyway related to Lord of the Rings or any other fictional elves in the fantasy genre.

Disclaimer: No elves were harmed in the making of this poem.

Comments

Maryam said…
Oh kere, I love this one!!!!! It's cute without being cutesy. It's clever in the guise of silly.
And damn, you rhyme like a rapper. Damn, sistah's got mad skills yo'.
Uh...... yes.

P.S. You should really give credit to me for the whole ELF LOVER schtick.

P.S.S You know you're still a dork, right? Muah Muah
Kere said…
Thank you, thank you.

Request duly noted - see edit.

The dorks shall rule the earth..... just as soon as we finish polishing our toy models.
Anonymous said…
What, Iàm on holiday for less han a month on your jiwanging poetry online. I love elf poem by the way. Now dedicate one called Alf Lover for me please. haha
Kere said…
JIWANGING!! Really....

Hah, Alf Lover! Not till you bring back an elf for me from Europe.

Popular posts from this blog

Another S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. announcement

As a member of S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. (Society for the EXploitation of Yummy men in Film And Television) I feel obliged to do a run-down of top hunks that graced our (okay, my consciousness) in 2006. For the original S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. manifesto, please see Maryam's Guide To Everything Part 1. And no, I can't be bothered to review anything else in 2006 or make any resolutions because a) it's boring b) yeah, right, as if I'll change my ways c) this was way more fun My Top 3 Jensen Ackles (Jensen, you know it's me you want, not Maryam!) Jared Padalecki (Oh, alright, I'll have you instead) Jim Caviezel (aaaah, my blue-eyed Jim, why so sad? Is it because you are No.3?) Special Mention Guy Berryman (you are still yummy) Brandon Flowers (but only circa 2003 when he was sans eyeliner, mustache and gelled flattened hair) Paolo Nutini ( a bit too young for me but lovely all the same) Johnny Depp (the long time favourite, still going strong. You still float my boat Johnnayy! ...

Avast!

I was at the Maritime Institute in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng waiting for my dad to come out of a seminar becauseI needed the keys to take his car for repairs and servicing. So there I was twiddiling with my handbag in the corridor when the doors of the seminar room opened and a whole bunch of fit men in tight, white Royal Navy uniforms came out. Hubba-hubba! Unfortunately, my dad came out at the same time and started talking to me. All I could do was stand there with MY DAD while all these hunksome sailors passed me by. BAH! They're all probably too old for me anyway.

December's list

MUSIC Thanks to Maryam for the delights of this month's music. Be patient, Maryam, the world will one day see our special dance. 1) Presidente - KINKY . Singing in Spanish somehow makes everything sound sexier, even if he is singing about politics. Despite the oblique accusations of corruption against the Mexican president, this song is dance-floor hot and guaranteed to shake your booty. (I only use the word 'booty' online because in real life I would never get away with it.) 2) Let's Make Love And Death From Above - CSS . Bizarre title but the song works. Perfect for when returning to the home planet. 3) Ladylike - STORM LARGE & THE BALLS . They've got a name that is just dying for you to make dirty jokes about, but subject matter is serious to all girls who get the mickey taken out of them for not being 'ladylike.' Incidentally, Storm Large was one of the contestants on Rockstar: Supernova. MOVIES Surprisingly, I haven't watched many movies this mo...