Skip to main content

176 hours without Supernatural.........

Forgive my being overdramatic when I say that I have been in paroxysms of agony for the past week because I have gone Supernatural cold turkey. I have missed TWO episodes of Supernatural (the really exciting end of season ones) and I did not even have old episodes to tide me over because my laptop has been in the shop all this time. I have not even dared to go to an internet cafe in case I am tempted to look at spoilers.

Sitting morosely in front of the television, I eventually resorted to the bored and lost's cure: The Bold and The Beautiful. Only half an hour of it, and I was snapped out of my reverie. My God, that show is sick! There's this woman who marries the patriach of this family, then she divorces him and marries her stepson, divorces the stepson and steals not only one husband from her own daughter but two husbands, the second husband who is actually her stepson's half brother, then gets rid of this guy and goes back to the stepson!! And the family, for some unfathomable reason, has not yet chased her with tar and feathers out of the country but still treat her as one of their own. Frigging bizarre!!

Feeling tainted by all this near-incestual bed-hopping, my despair eventually leaked out last Friday when I moaned to my mother, "I miss my Supernatural."

My mother isn't the most enthusiastic fan of Supernatural. She is not a fan of horror/fantasy most days and she thinks Dean is mean to his brother, Sam. Also, she doesn't like Dean because she thinks he looks like David Hasselhoff. (Nnnnnngggg!!!!)

I was surprised when my mother put down the book she was reading to listen to me so I continued whining about my lack of Winchester sauce.

"Why do you like Supernatural so much?" my mother asks.

I looked at my mother's face. It is a serious question, not a criticism. Encouraged by this, I rambled on all the things I have mentioned in this blog about Supernatural, plus added a few more things I know would appeal to a mother's heart; poor motherless boys, no nutritious meals to eat, studious good boy Sam getting a scholarship, the mother hen Dean, Sam losing his girlfriend, Dean always being the peacekeeper when Sam and their father fight, their Dad dying to save Dean's life......... ahah ha ha, I could see her melting in front of my eyes!

My mother does not exactly break down in tears but the next thing she said nearly made me cry with joy.

"When you get your laptop back, let me watch some Supernatural. Sounds interesting."

YESS!!! One for the team!

Comments

Anonymous said…
NOOOOOO you leave Mama alone you witch!!!
Kere said…
Ha ha, more Supernatural fans against you!

You will be converted one day.

Popular posts from this blog

Another S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. announcement

As a member of S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. (Society for the EXploitation of Yummy men in Film And Television) I feel obliged to do a run-down of top hunks that graced our (okay, my consciousness) in 2006. For the original S.E.X.Y.F.A.T. manifesto, please see Maryam's Guide To Everything Part 1. And no, I can't be bothered to review anything else in 2006 or make any resolutions because a) it's boring b) yeah, right, as if I'll change my ways c) this was way more fun My Top 3 Jensen Ackles (Jensen, you know it's me you want, not Maryam!) Jared Padalecki (Oh, alright, I'll have you instead) Jim Caviezel (aaaah, my blue-eyed Jim, why so sad? Is it because you are No.3?) Special Mention Guy Berryman (you are still yummy) Brandon Flowers (but only circa 2003 when he was sans eyeliner, mustache and gelled flattened hair) Paolo Nutini ( a bit too young for me but lovely all the same) Johnny Depp (the long time favourite, still going strong. You still float my boat Johnnayy! ...

Avast!

I was at the Maritime Institute in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng waiting for my dad to come out of a seminar becauseI needed the keys to take his car for repairs and servicing. So there I was twiddiling with my handbag in the corridor when the doors of the seminar room opened and a whole bunch of fit men in tight, white Royal Navy uniforms came out. Hubba-hubba! Unfortunately, my dad came out at the same time and started talking to me. All I could do was stand there with MY DAD while all these hunksome sailors passed me by. BAH! They're all probably too old for me anyway.

A letter to the makers of Supernatural

(Dean and Sam doing a Mulder and Scully) I watched the latest episode Night Shifter yesterday and I have got to say that, in American speak, it was totally awesome. Now, because I am not the most eloquent of writers and because my brain is half-man, I shall put my points across in a list. What I like about Supernatural so far: 1. The two brothers. Yum mee, keep those two brothers coming. Especially Dean. 2. The fact that Sam and Dean constantly take the mickey out of each other. 3. Dean's one liners. "I don't do shorts, sweetheart." 4. Dean, because he is so hot. 5. The fight scenes where they use everything they've got: guns, crossbows, knives, bare knuckles, head butts. 6. The things they hunt: demons, murderous ghosts, vengeful spirits, vampires, satanic preachers, backswood crazies, telekinetic murderers. 7. The beautiful, haunting cinematography. 8. For making classic rock cool again. 9. Sam's 'guilty conscience for surfing internet porn'. 10. A ...